Published Articles by Christian M. Wolford
What Companies Can Learn from Super Bowl Winners
Selling your company can be like the winning the Super Bowl. Here’s how it’s done. Every kid playing on a little league football team, and every NFL pro, dreams of someday playing in the Super Bowl. For many, playing in a Super Bowl is a once-in-a-lifetime shot at greatness. If you are...
- More than 20 years of financial services experience as a trusted advisor to middle market businesses and individuals including roles in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, real estate, financial advisory and insurance.
- Proficiency in sell- and buy-side M&A advisory, debt and equity financing, and company valuation analysis
- Originated, executed and/or managed client transactions with total value of more than $1 billion
- Sector experience includes: Business Services, Manufacturing, Distribution, Technology/Software, Telecom, Building Products, Construction, Healthcare, Consumer, Financial Services, Aerospace, Automotive and Sports and Entertainment
- Nationwide network of funding sources (private equity, family offices, strategic acquirers, lenders and venture capital) and professional service providers (wealth managers, attorneys, CPAs)
Mr. Wolford joined Allegiance Capital in 2013 after six years as a key executive for The Miller Group, a boutique, financial services firm in Scottsdale, Arizona. He served as President, CEO, Chief Compliance Officer and General Securities Principal of the firm’s FINRA member investment banking group. In this role, he managed all of the firm’s investment banking activities and advised on numerous equity and debt financing assignments, as well as sell-side, and buy-side M&A transactions. In addition, he ensured the firm’s compliance with securities regulations. Mr. Wolford also served as Senior Vice President for the Miller Group’s management consulting and private equity practice. He provided strategic recommendations to client management teams and boards and collaborated with clients to achieve internal process improvements and efficiencies. He also provided analysis and recommendations related to the firm’s private equity investment opportunities.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Wolford held roles with Morgan Stanley, John Hancock, Marcus Millichap and NASD (now FINRA) in Pennsylvania, Arizona and New York.
Christian prides himself on acting with honesty and integrity while delivering to his clients intelligent, balanced advice and maximum achievable results. He derived his direct approach and strong work ethic from his father who grew up on a farm, served in the military and worked outside with his hands his entire life. Christian acquired his thoughtfulness and empathy from his mother, a city girl, who always put the needs of others over her own and never met an animal she didn’t love (or want to adopt).
Christian holds a Master of Business Administration in Finance from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Millersville University of Pennsylvania. He previously served on the Board of Directors of the Invest Southwest Capital Conference and currently holds FINRA Series 7, 63, 79 and 24 licenses.
In his free time, Christian enjoys spending time with his wife and son (and their several dogs and cats), sports, music and travel.