Chairman, CEO and Founder
David Mahmood’s business background is as varied as his heritage. Each of his grandparents emigrated from a different country — Holland,Bohemia, Ireland and Syria.
- Corporate executive and entrepreneur who founded, financed and built eight companies
- Deal structure specialist with success qualifying and marketing the value of a company to interested buyers or investors
- Strong negotiator with powerful closure skills
Over the last 25 years, Mr. Mahmood has served as an investment banker managing hundreds of complex, multi-million dollar transactions in North and South America. His 45 years of experience, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneurial start-ups, gives him first-hand knowledge of a wide variety of business transactions. His ability to create and engineer financial transactions has provided Allegiance Capital with a strong following, including both business owners and shareholders.
Mr. Mahmood launched his career in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, where he was born and worked for a variety of Fortune 500 companies. His early business career included:
- Creating and developing the Hoyle Playing Card Company by age 28
- Serving as vice president and director of sales for Brown & Bigelow, at the time the world’s largest specialty advertising company
- Earning the distinction as the first licensee for National Football League and American Football League posters
- Working as vice president and director of marketing for CPS Industries, an international consumer products company
He has served on numerous boards and industrial groups and is a member of Who’s Who in Business and Who’s Who Worldwide. Mr. Mahmood has been a frequent keynote speaker for national and international trade organizations and universities, and he has been featured in numerous publications.