- Served as originating and/or executing banker on more than 90 corporate finance transactions spanning the entire capital stack and advisory spectrum for companies based in the United States and globally
- Originated and closed transactions representing more than $2 billion
- Honed expertise in debt and equity financings for public and private companies with an emphasis on “inflection point” transactions
- Commands strong sector experience in Consumer and Healthcare, and deep domain expertise within complementary Energy/Resources verticals including Oil & Gas, Utilities (Water, Electric, Gas), Mining, Industrials, Water and CleanTech
- Cultivated long-standing relationships with a broad variety of public and private companies, institutional investors, hedge funds, senior debt, mezzanine debt and private equity investors globally
Derek joined Allegiance Capital in 2015 after 12 years at Brean Capital, LLC where he served as a Managing Director and Group Head of their Global Resources & Infrastructure investment banking vertical. Prior to Brean, he worked for seven years at Gruntal & Co., LLC serving as an Investment Banking Vice President covering the technology, media and telecommunication sectors. Derek comes to Allegiance as a trusted advisor and confidant to owners and management with welcomed expertise in navigating the often challenging set of decisions and processes facing middle-market business owners.
A strategic thinker and avid connector of clients to value-added partners, Derek consistently seeks to elicit optimal solutions to effect growth and success. For the past several years, he has facilitated multiple investment banking conferences in locations such as London, Zurich, Geneva and New York City where clients were matched with institutional investors and private equity firms from across the globe. These conferences were always considered an annual “must-attend” event by C-Level management.
Derek has an established reputation as an active listener, assimilating a comprehensive view of a client’s particular needs and goals before creating a highly targeted menu of financing and advisory options. His wealth of experience allows him to efficiently formulate a transaction game plan, implement an efficient timetable and guide a process to effect a successful close. Whether raising well-priced capital to complete a tuck-in or major acquisition to consummating timely liquidity events at an optimal valuation, he approaches clients thoughtfully and takes a long-term view of relationships.
Originally from Louisiana, prior to his move to Dallas, Derek spent the past two decades raising his family in New York City. He has an MBA from Columbia Business School and a BS from Indiana University.
He enjoys fitness, the outdoors and traveling with his wife and two boys.