- A former senior executive with JPMorgan Chase, where a 25+ year career provided significant operating experience in general management (Regional and Country Manager), profit-and-loss responsibility, governance (board positions), mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, investment banking, and private equity investments where he completed various transactions totaling more than $25 billion.
- Prior to joining Allegiance Capital, Bill was a co-founder of a boutique investment bank that focused on corporate advisory, buy and sell-side activities, and equity investments in start-up technology companies.
- Since joining Allegiance Capital in 2005, Bill has worked with the owners of several middle-market companies to successfully close their transactions, achieving an optimum structure and a premium price. These companies were in the electronics, printing, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, and energy industries. In 2014, the New York Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) awarded Allegiance Capital the 2013 Energy Deal of the Year for a transaction that Bill and a colleague jointly managed.
Bill’s career with JPMorgan Chase spanned more than three decades of international and domestic executive assignments, both in corporate and entrepreneurial settings. Bill successfully started, de novo, three businesses. These included: a banking subsidiary in Norway with a focus on local treasury activities and all aspects of the oil & gas industry; a broker-dealer subsidiary in New York which securitized commercial loans; and a credit card business in Thailand. These experiences provided Bill hands-on experience and an appreciation for the demands a successful entrepreneur faces while building and running a company.
He lived and worked in Japan, England, Norway, and New York where he had both transactional and managerial responsibilities. On the investment banking side, he was actively engaged in sourcing, evaluating, structuring, and negotiating various transactions, as well as M&A and capital market financings to include:
- Large oil, gas and LNG project financings in the Middle East, Africa, and the North Sea.
- Structured financings in the industries of shipping, aircraft, consumer products, corporate recapitalizations, electronics, leasing, and manufacturing.
- Private equity investments in early stage technology companies via a $250MM in-house bank fund.
- Numerous euro-commercial paper and euro-bond transactions.
Bill holds an MBA from the American University in Washington, D.C. where he was elected to the Phi Sigma Phi Honor Society and a BA from the University of California at Santa Barbara. He served as a Unit Commander in the U.S. Army.