Published Articles by Derek W. Woodworth
Allegiance Capital Corporation Represents RiceBran Technologies in Divestiture of Healthy Natural, Inc.
July 17, 2017, DALLAS, TX – Allegiance Capital Corporation, a Dallas-based private M&A investment bank, announced today that it had exclusively represented RiceBran Technologies (NASDAQ: RIBT and RIBTW) (“RBT”) of Sacramento, Calif., in the July 14 sale of Healthy Natural, Inc....
- 25+ year investment banking career, serving both domestic and international clients across all key advisory and financing categories
- Originated or executed more than 90 transactions representing more than $2 billion in aggregate value
- Core expertise in M&A and debt and equity financings for public and private companies with an emphasis on “inflection point” transactions
- Strong sector experience and affinity for Consumer, Global Resources, Industrials, Aggregates, Construction and Business Services companies
- Maintain long-standing, immediate relationships with a broad variety of public and private companies, institutional investors, hedge funds, commercial banks, non-bank funds, family offices and private equity investors globally
Joined Allegiance Capital in 2015 after 20 years in New York City including 12 years at Brean Capital where he served as a Managing Director and Group Head of their Global Resources & Infrastructure investment banking vertical. Prior to Brean, he worked for seven years at Gruntal & Co. serving as an Investment Banking Vice President covering the technology, media and telecommunication sectors.
Derek has an established reputation as an active listener, assembling a comprehensive view of a client’s particular needs and goals before creating a targeted menu of financing and advisory options. This experience affords the formulation of a transaction game plan, implementation of an efficient timetable and comprehensive guidance to a successful close. Whether raising well-priced capital to complete an acquisition to consummating timely M&A or liquidity events at an optimal valuation, clients are approached thoughtfully with a long-term view of relationships.
Originally from Louisiana, and prior to his move to Dallas, Derek spent the past two decades raising his family in New York City. He has an Master of Business Administration from Columbia Business School and a BS from Indiana University.
Derek enjoys fitness activities, the outdoors and traveling with his wife and two sons.