Globalscope Partners welcome two new members to their M&A network
April 8, 2015
Globalscope Partners, the international M&A network, is pleased to announce the successful expansion of the network at the 17th Semi-Annual Conference in Jakarta.
A total of 37 delegates from the Globalscope partner base attended the conference, which was held at the newly opened Raffles Hotel in Jakarta. The 5 day conference format incorporated a new segment, co-hosted by KADIN, the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce, welcoming numerous local and ASEAN industry leaders to meet with Globalscope delegates to discuss opportunities and to network. Globalscope partners have commented that the access to local markets and direct contact with business owners provided a unique insight into the region, and take away several new opportunities to offer their clients.
During the conference, Globalscope welcomed two new member firms, both leading M&A advisors in their respective countries:
- Impello Management AS, from Norway
- Tomkins Turner, from Australia
Bjørnar Reitan, Partner of Impello Management AS, commented, “We were extremely pleased to attend the Globalscope conference in Jakarta and meet with an established international group of mid-market M&A firms. We are excited to explore the cross-border opportunities within strong Norwegian sectors like oil & gas, energy, aquaculture and high-technology. We also look forward to tight collaboration with our Nordic / Northern-European colleagues”.
Todd Grover, Managing Director of Tomkins Turner, commented, “We are delighted to have been accepted as new partners. The professionalism of the Globalscope partners and extensive reach of the network has far exceeded our expectations already. We are really looking forward to doing more cross border transactions with our new partners and believe that our Perth office strategically complements the existing coverage in AsiaPAC.”
Michael Moritz, President of Globalscope, commented, “I would like to pay special thanks to Fadjar Sutandi, and the team at NaXeL iPartners, for organising this very special event that brought Globalscope partners together, including our new colleagues from the ex-Asia M&A network, for the first time since the merger in Athens last October.” Mr Moritz continued, “Globalscope’s M&A track record continues to gain momentum, and I am extremely proud to announce the following results in the last 6 months:
- GREATEST NUMBER OF TRANSACTIONS: CatCap (Germany) with 7 deals reported for Q4 2014 and Q1 2015;
- LARGEST TRANSACTION: Stirling Coleman (Singapore) for the deal CITIC Limited acquired Untied Envirotech Ltd. with a value of €928,369,463;
- INTRA-GLOBALSCOPE DEAL: (involving Globalscope Partners on both sides of the transaction): Kaede Financial Advisory Inc. (Japan) and Nexus Group (Vietnam) for the Saigon Trapaco / Meiwa Pax deal.
- GREATEST CONTRIBUTION TO GLOBALSCOPE: longstanding partner from the Netherlands, and co-founder of Globalscope: Frank van Goethem, for his extensive and dynamic leadership to the network. The Globalscope board and members recognized and thanked Frank for his most recent initiative, which secures a high level of quality throughout the network, and benefits all Globalscope members, and their clients: the Globalscope Junior and Senior Training programmes.
The next Globalscope conference will be held in Tel Aviv in October 2015.
Please visit http://www.globalscopepartners.com/members for a full list of Globalscope’s member firms and locations.